23 April 2007

Barack Obama for President!



If you haven't already, you should take a look at Barack Obama as a real presidential candidate. If you hear him speak, then you will immediately believe in him, and his ability to lead this country towards a better future.
I could talk for hours about how I think Obama is the type
of leader that this country needs, about how it has been so long since we had a leader to be proud of, that we have forgotten what a real leader should be. I could tell you about how I have been ashamed of our country's leadership for six years now, because our president looks out only for himself and his close constituents instead of us, his people. I could rage about how the general public is so apathetic and blinded by propaganda that they ignore bad deeds that would not be accepted by a weak-minded imbecile incapable of moral judgments, but are allowed because "he is our president, and we have to stand behind him. He's doing the best that he can."
Perhaps he is doing the best that he can. For himself. I want someone that watches out for the american public to lead my
country.
Our world can be better than it has been for the past eight years. Things (the war, the economy, health care, education, environmental policy, civil rights) aren't going downhill as a result of tough times in the world. Things are going downhill because our country is being run by incompetent, narcissistic, group-thinking, money-grubbing, assholes who don't give a shit about anyone so long as their pockets are filled, and the people keep thinking they are "doing the best that they can." What they want you to believe is that the world is a tough place, and things are getting worse in spite of their best efforts. They want you to think that they are running this country better than anyone else can. That just isn't true.
I will admit that the world is a tough place, but things can be a lot better than they are.
However, I don't think that Hillary Clinton is the one to take us there. Too many people can't stand her. I don't like her, and I am the most staunch liberal you will ever meet. Clinton, like Bush, polarizes this country. In a time when what we need is someone to unite the country into a common front, Hillary will split us as surely as Moses parted the Red Sea. So many people may be mobilized against her that the GOP could even maintain control of the Whitehouse. I would rather die.
So, while I could rant and rave for hours (this is a short rant, I assure you), I know that I can't change peoples minds just by telling them something. So, I simply suggest that you listen to what Barack Obama has to say. I assure you that he is not as far to the left as I am. In fact, I wouldn't even place him on that sort of scale. Obama can be a uniting force for a divided country, and I think that once you hear him speak, you will see what I mean. I choose Obama as my next president, because he will work hard to heal the wounds inflicted on us by our own leadership for the past six years. He can lead us into a better future, and a better America, something which we have been without for far too long.

No comments: